Region 11 Chapter TAPT Scholarship
Region 11 Chapter - Texas Association for Pupil Transportation offers up to two $500 scholarships annually for graduating seniors.
The scholarship is provided for a family member of a current member of the Region 11 Chapter to help further their educational opportunities.
This scholarship will provide a one-time grant of $500.00 for the selected participant(s) for either an approved two-year or four-year program resulting in a vocational or academic degree.
- Family member of a current member of Region 11 Chapter TAPT (Son, Daughter, Stepchild, Grandson, or Granddaughter)
- Graduating senior of an accredited Texas High School.
- Eligible for admission in selected educational institutions.
- Maintain acceptable attendance and scholastic performance each semester.
- Recipient must be present at the Region 11 TAPT May meeting to receive the scholarship.
The scholarship recipient will be chosen from written applications and possible personal interviews by the scholarship selection committee. The selection committee shall consist of the Region 11 TAPT current President (or their designee), President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer and Past-President.
Written application must be submitted to the committee by April 1st, the year in which the scholarship is to be granted. The application must include:
- Applicant's name, address, and phone number.
- High school from which the applicant will graduate.
- Name and relationship of member of Region 11 TAPT.
- Educational institution which applicant wishes to attend.
- A written statement of the educational goals and objectives of the applicant.
- A written statement of the applicant’s outside activities and service.
- A written statement from the applicant’s high school counselor as to the appropriateness and obtainability of the applicant’s educational goals.
- A written statement from the applicant’s high school principal as to the applicant’s attendance and personal character.
- Applicant's self-statement must be less than two pages.
Complete in written form and mail to:
Rita Excell, Region 11 TAPT Secretary
302 Transportation Way
Bridgeport, TX 76426