Education Service Center Region 11
Bilingual and ESL Program Support
ESC Region 11 provides technical assistance and professional learning opportunities focused on supporting English learners in districts and charter schools in the region. Assistance is provided to Bilingual/ESL program directors, coordinators, administrators, specialists, and classroom teachers.
We are happy to assist you with compliance and instructional technical assistance. Compliance sessions offer TEA updates and required trainings for the LPAC.
Professional development sessions offer opportunities for participants to experience and practice learned skills that focus on instructional strategies for English learners.
Texas Education Agency updates
Required state trainings for Language Proficiency Assessment Committee (LPAC)
State assessments for ELs (TELPAS and STAAR)
Research-based instructional strategies for ELs
Spanish literacy in bilingual programs
Certification exam preparation for the ESL Supplemental 154, Bilingual Supplemental 164, and Bilingual Target Language Proficiency Test
LATEST NEWS FROM THE TEA & ESC REGION 11
- PK-2 and 3rd-5th Let’s Practice English & 4-wk No Tech ESL Activities in 8 languages-https://www.esc11.net/Page/8859
- 6th-8thth Let’s Practice English & 4-wk No Tech ESL Activities in 8 languages- https://www.esc11.net/Page/8861
- 9th-12th Let’s Practice English & 4-wk No Tech ESL Activities in 8 languages- https://www.esc11.net/Page/8862
- How-To for translating Google Documents and more- Coming Soon!
Greetings, LEA and ESC Bilingual/ESL/Title III Contacts,
We hope this communication finds you safe and in good health. You are on our minds as you work to support our state’s English learners, their families, and their educators.
In response to school closures related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the TEA English Learner Support Division has revised and developed the following resources:
- 2019-2020 English Learner Reclassification Criteria and Guidance,
- 2019-2020 End-of-Year (EOY) LPAC Guidance Checklist, and
- LPAC and TELPAS Guidance Q&A (posted on the TEA Coronavirus (COVID-19) Support web page for Special Education and Special Populations).
We are also working to revise an updated training PowerPoint and video on English Learner Reclassification for the 2019-2020 school year, which will be posted on our TEA Bilingual/ESL web page soon.
TEA English Learner Resources
Texas Education Agency
TEA/REGION 20 LPAC RESOURCES
TEA ENGLISH LEARNER PORTAL
ESC Region 11 English Learner Trainings
Join the ESC Region 11 Bilingual/ESL Instructional Listserv
Succeeding in a Diverse Classroom Newsletter
EL Leader Toolkit Newsletter
Disclaimer: Every effort is made to verify that all links are operational and information is accurate, appropriate and of high quality. It is the responsibility of the user to preview external links and content before presenting to other audiences.