Degrees and Certifications:
Bilingual/English as a Second Language
ESC Region 11 provides technical assistance and professional learning opportunities focused on supporting English learners in districts and charter schools in the region. Assistance is provided to Bilingual/ESL program directors, coordinators, administrators, specialists, and classroom teachers.
We are happy to assist you with compliance and instructional technical assistance. Compliance sessions offer TEA updates and required trainings for the LPAC.
Professional development sessions offer opportunities for participants to experience and practice learned skills that focus on instructional strategies for English learners.
- Texas Education Agency updates
- Required state trainings for Language Proficiency Assessment Committee (LPAC)
- State assessments for ELs (TELPAS and STAAR)
- Research-based instructional strategies for ELs
- Sheltered Instruction
- Spanish literacy in bilingual programs
- Certification exam preparation for the ESL Supplemental 154, Bilingual Supplemental 164, and Bilingual Target Language Proficiency Test
TEA English Learner Division Support Meetings
ESC Region 11 EL Support Meetings
TEA/ESC Region 11 Updates & Communication
Upcoming ESC Region 11 EL Professional Learning Sessions
TEA English Learner Support
Have Questions About EL Compliance & Instruction?
EL Identification & Reclassification Guidance
Disclaimer: Every effort is made to verify that all links are operational and information is accurate, appropriate and of high quality. It is the responsibility of the user to preview external links and content before presenting to other audiences.