State Assessments for English Learners
What is STAAR?
The State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) program, which was implemented in spring 2012, includes annual assessments for
- reading and mathematics, grades 3–8
- writing at grades 4 and 7
- science at grades 5 and 8
- social studies at grade 8
- end-of-course (EOC) assessments for English I, English II, Algebra I, biology and U.S history.
STAAR Resources Included:
- Understanding your student's test score
- STAAR/EOC Blueprints
- Released test questions