Completing the Application

  • General Information
    A school district may contract for residential placement when the student’s admission, review, and dismissal (ARD) committee determines that a residential placement is necessary in order for the student to receive a free appropriate public education (19 §TAC 89.61). A district that intends to contract for residential placement shall notify the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and, if applicable, request approval of state and federal funding through the residential application process. A residential application may be submitted for educational purposes only.
    When a student who is residentially placed by a district changes his/her residence to another Texas school district, and the student continues in the contracted placement, the district which negotiated the contract shall be responsible for the residential contract for the remainder of the school year.
    School districts must request the application packet from their ESC. Contact the ESC Region 11 Special Education Director at 817-740-7583.