The Goal of PBIS is to enhance the capacity of schools to educate all students, especially students with challenging behaviors, by adopting a sustained, positive, preventative, and instructional approach to school-wide discipline and behavior management. This approach focuses on giving priority to teaching and encouraging positive school-wide behavioral expectations and increasing school capacity to support the sustained use of empirically validated practices.
Tier 1 Universal: School-wide
- PBIS Campus Leadership Team completes PBIS 2-Day Team training
- Develop and articulate a common mission/philosophy regarding behavior and discipline management
- Develop and implement clear behavior expectations for common areas and activities
- Teach and re-teach behavior expectations to all students
- Work towards developing and/or improving school climate
- Address school-wide safety issues that impact behavior
- Clearly define types and levels of behaviors
- Develop clearly defined Office Discipline Referral (ODR) procedures
- Increase effectiveness of supervision in common areas and during school-wide activities
- Gather, summarize, and analyze data as part of the decision-making process.
- Evaluate “fidelity” of implementation efforts through the use of “Benchmarks of Quality” (BoQ)
- Goal is to reach 70% on the BoQ scoring form
- Provide ongoing staff development for staff and students
- Develop effective problem-solving teams
Tier 2: Targeted
(Reducing the frequency and intensity of incidents of problem behaviors for students who are not responsive to primary intervention practices by providing more focused, intensive, and frequent small group-oriented responses in situations where problem behavior is likely.)
Tier 3: Intensive
(Reducing the intensity, frequency, and/or complexity of existing problem behaviors that are resistant to and/or unlikely to be addressed by primary and secondary prevention efforts by providing most individualized responses to situations where problem behavior is likely.)
The customized workshop will include an online Canvas overview, two days of PBIS Campus training and up to four hours of technical support. Within the technical support an informal implementation walkthrough and a formal SET walkthrough will be provided.
To request more information please fill out the form below: