College, Career, and Military Readiness
A-F Accountability Delayed
To the Administrator Addressed (TAA): Delay in 2023 A-F Academic Accountability Ratings
Tuesday, September 12, 2023, the agency released a To The Administrator Addressed Correspondence to inform local educational agencies (LEAs) about a delay in the issuance of the final rule for the accountability manual and a delay in the issuance of 2023 A–F Accountability Ratings. The agency will conduct analyses of 2022-23 statewide growth data and the growth data for the 2018-19 and 2021-22 school years used to inform cut scores in Domain 2a-Academic Growth and Domain 3-Closing the Gaps.
The TAA also included a summary of the only other changes being made for the final rule — incorporating changes to AEA STAAR methodology, the Student Achievement: STAAR Only component of Domain 3, the English Language Proficiency component of Domain 3, and school improvement identification.
Texas Accountability Advisory Group (TAAG) and ESC Advisory Group (EAG) Meetings held September 19 and 20, 2023
The objective of these meetings was to share the recent TAA announcement (see below), recall previous conversations about the A—F refresh, review 2023 growth data, and gather Advisory Group feedback on potential changes to the 2023 Academic Growth (D2A) and Closing the Gaps (D3) cut points and targets. The next steps are to finalize the targets and cut points, incorporate these changes into the Final 2023 Accountability Manual, submit the manual to adopt into the rule, and announce the A—F release dates with at least two weeks of notice.
The TAAG Meeting Presentation and Notes can be found on the 2023 Accountability Development Materials page. For questions or assistance regarding the information in this section, call the Performance Reporting Division at 512-463-9704 or email performance.reporting.gov.
The Preliminary 2023 Accountability Manual, Chapters 1—12, are available here.
- Chapters 1–12 are open for public comment from May 19, 2023, to June 20, 2023.
- Details on the public comment period and how to submit comments can be found at Proposed Commissioner of Education Rules | Texas Education Agency.
- The final 2023 Accountability Manual will be published in Fall 2023.
Accountability Reset is coming! Where are we now?
TEA has released updates to the Preliminary A-F Accountability Reset
- Reference this Letter to the Administrator from 01/02/2023
- 2022-2023 Accountability Manual
- TEA Military Connected Students Website
- CCMR Performance Reporting FAQ's and recordings
- HB3 CCMR TEA Updates
- CCMR Verifier Guide Handout
- ESC Region 11 Assessment, Accountability & School Improvement
- ESC Region 11 Career and Technical Education
- ESC Region 11 Counseling
- TEA Administrator Resources
- TEA HB 3 in 30 Website
- U.S. Armed Forces Enlistment Guidance updates released 9/8/2022
House Bill (HB 3) Implementation: Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) Reimbursement Request - June 4, 2020 Release
- Performance Reporting Updates Released - May 2020 Updates