College, Career, and Military Readiness
Accountability Reset is coming! Where are we now?
TEA has released updates to the Preliminary A-F Accountability Reset
- Reference this Letter to the Administrator from 01/02/2023
The Preliminary 2023 A–F System Framework has continued to progress based on stakeholder feedback and detailed modeling since the updated version was released in November 2022. More recent updates are outlined in January Updates to Preliminary A–F Refresh Framework, including:
- STAAR proficiency cut scores remain unchanged from 2017 to account for COVID-19 and the STAAR redesign.
- STAAR growth measured in School Progress, Part A: Academic Growth has been updated to evaluate outcomes for accelerated learning as bonus points.
- The transition plan to integrate Program of Study requirements with industry-based certifications (IBCs) has been deferred one year; the transition plan maintains the Completer requirement when fully implemented.
- Sunsetting IBCs will continue to generate College, Career, and Military Readiness (CCMR) credit, but a per campus limit will be applied based on students who only qualify for CCMR credit via a sunsetting IBC. The limit ensures that districts offer their students multiple paths for postsecondary success and is set at five graduates, or 20 percent of graduates, whichever is higher. Based on modeled data, the sunsetting IBC limit will impact a very small number of campuses and ensures that cut scores are not unfairly driven up by high CCMR scores that rely heavily on sunsetting IBCs alone.
- 2022-2023 Accountability Manual
- TEA Military Connected Students Website
- CCMR Performance Reporting FAQ's and recordings
- HB3 CCMR TEA Updates
- CCMR Verifier Guide Handout
- ESC Region 11 Assessment, Accountability & School Improvement
- ESC Region 11 Career and Technical Education
- ESC Region 11 Counseling
- TEA Administrator Resources
- TEA HB 3 in 30 Website
- U.S. Armed Forces Enlistment Guidance updates released 9/8/2022
House Bill (HB 3) Implementation: Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSIA) Reimbursement Request - June 4, 2020 Release
- Performance Reporting Updates Released - May 2020 Updates