The Principal as an Instructional Leader certificate is issued by the state upon recommendation from the program.
GoLead11 does not offer an advisory opinion on one’s criminal history; however, under recent legislation (HB963-Guillen) SBEC is required to issue, upon request, a criminal history evaluation letter to persons contemplating entering a profession requiring a license. This will help individuals to determine if they would likely be denied a license/certification because of the criminal histories.
For additional information please contact SBEC Customer Service
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am-5:00 pm CST
(512) 936-8400 local;
(888) 863-5880 toll free
For information regarding issues or complaints against this educator preparation program, you may visit the TEA website (FOUND HERE).
Teacher Shortage Areas and Student Loan Forgiveness Information:
The 2021-2022 teacher shortage areas for Texas are:
- Bilingual/English as a Second Language - Elementary and Secondary Levels
- Special Education - Elementary and Secondary Levels
- Career and Technical Education - Secondary Levels
- Technology Applications and Computer Science - Elementary and Secondary Levels
- Mathematics - Secondary Levels
U.S. Department of Education - Teacher Shortage Areas Nationwide 1990-present.
The 2022-2023 teacher shortage areas have been approved by the US Department of Education. The approved shortage areas for 2022-2023 are as follows:
- Bilingual/English as a Second Language – Elementary and Secondary Levels
- Special Education – Elementary and Secondary Levels
- Career and Technical Education - Secondary Level
- Technology Applications and Computer Science – Elementary and Secondary Levels
- English Language Arts and Reading – Elementary and Secondary Levels
- Mathematics - Secondary Level
- Science – Secondary Level
Student Loan Forgiveness information
Credit for Military Service Member or Military Veteran
Candidates in the Texas Alternative Certification Program or the Texas Post-Baccalaureate Program who are current military service members or military veteran candidates may receive credit towards the required training or education hours for Educator Preparation Program (EPP) completion provided that the military service, training, or education is directly related to the certificate being sought.
To request a review for transfer of military service, training, or education hours, please submit a formal request to email@example.com. Your request should include your certification class (Teacher, Principal, or Superintendent) and documentation of the service, training, or education that you would like considered. Some examples of acceptable documentation include course descriptions, certificates of completion, etc. Your request will be reviewed by the program coordinator. A decision will be provided to you in writing.