Zoom is a cloud-based desktop videoconferencing tool that is available to Instructional Solutions and Support contract districts. Each ISS member district will receive a set number of PRO Zoom accounts based on student enrollment (see table below).
PRO Zoom Features:
- Host up to 300 participants in a meeting
- Unlimited number of meetings
- Unlimited meeting duration
- Video conferencing features (virtual background, active speaker view, gallery view, simultaneous screen share, group or private chat, breakout rooms, etc.)
- 1GB of MP4 or M4A cloud recording
- Access meetings from a computer, tablet, smartphone, mobile device or audio-only via phone
- Invite participates via email (participants do NOT need an account to join the meeting)
- Interoperability with H.323/SIP (communicate with any legacy endpoints including Polycom, Tandberg/Cisco, Lifesize)
Enrollment # of PRO accounts
83K - 10K
9999 - 5K
1999 - 0
Help for schools
To ensure all of our K-12 districts and other institutions can most effectively leverage Zoom for virtual education during this time, Zoom is:
- Temporarily removing the 40-minute limit on free Basic accounts for schools in Japan and Italy, and by request for K-12 schools in the United States.
- Providing multi-language resources specifically designed for principals, vice-principals, teachers, students, and parents to set up and use Zoom.
- Expanding live trainings, webinars, and recorded offerings to share best practices for using the platform.
Zoom Help Center (video tutorials)