Foster Care & Student Success
Upcoming Training Opportunities:
TEA Highly Mobile & At-Risk Division February Webinar February 4, 2021 01:00pm
Foster Care & Student Success, housed in Texas Education Agency’s Division of Federal and State Education Policy maintains resources and information to advance the education of student's impacted by foster care. The resources and materials provide guidance related to the unique circumstances surrounding students who are in the foster care system and attend Texas public schools. In Texas, nearly 16,000 school-age students are in foster care at any given time.
2020-2021 Engaging Highly Mobile & At-Risk Students
TEA has released guidance on Engaging Highly Mobile and At-Risk Student for the 2020-2021 school year. The guide includes information regarding:
- Utilizing District Reporting and Data for Strategic Planning
- Mitigating Transitional Barriers to Support Academic Achievement
- Uncontactable Students | Drop-Out Prevention and Invention
- Student Support Teams
- Home Visit Safety Procedures and Protocols
- Innovative Outreach Efforts
- Establishing Protocols for Concerns
- Effective Practices to Support Student Basic Needs
Click here to download the SY 2020-2021 Engaging Highly Mobile and At-Risk Guide.