The state evaluation system for principals is the Texas Principal Evaluation and Support System (T-PESS). This system is designed around research-based best practices among school administrators and promotes a growth mindset, reflection, and setting/sustaining professional goals.
If you have any questions regarding T-PESS, please contact Jeff Smith.
- June 19, 2023, from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., face-to-face
- July 13, 2023, from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., face-to-face
- August 4, 2023, from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., face-to-face
- Sept. 7, 2023, from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., face-to-face
- 2020-2021 School Year - BOTH the previous T-PESS rubric and the updated T-PESS rubric were considered valid appraisal instruments that meet the requirements of the Commissioner's recommended principal appraisal system in accordance with Texas Education Code (TEC) §21.3541. 1/2 day Rubric Update training was provided throughout the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 school years. If you were not able to attend one of those sessions, you will need to attend one of the 1-day trainings listed below.
- 2021-2022 School Year and beyond - ONLY the updated T-PESS rubric meets the requirements of the commissioner's recommended principal appraisal system in accordance with (TEC). In addition, a T-PESS assistant principal rubric that is aligned to the updated principal rubric is available for LEAs that choose to use this option.