SPPI 6 Measure:
State Performance Plan Indicator (SPPI) 6 measures preschool environments. This includes the percent of children aged 3 through 5 (not enrolled in Kindergarten) with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) attending a:
- regular early childhood program and receiving the majority of special education and related services in the regular early childhood program; and
- separate special education class, separate school, or residential facility.
SPPI 6: Data Source
Local education agencies submit student-level demographic data specific to the amount of time spent in special education locations during the fall Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) collection.
SPPI 6: Resources
- Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
- ECSE Location Code Frequently Asked Questions
- ECSE Location Code Decision Tree (PEIMS Codes)
- Technical Assistance: Individualized Education Program (IEP) Development