Early Childhood Outcomes Guidance - SPP Indicator 7
Please visit Texas Education Agency's (TEA) State Performance Plan Indicator 7's Webpage here. Additional information below.
SPPI 7: Measure
State Performance Plan Indicator (SPPI) 7 measures the percent of preschool children aged 3 through 5 with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) who demonstrate improvement:
- positive social-emotional skills (including social relationships);
- acquisition and use of knowledge and skills (including early language/communication and early literacy); and
- use of appropriate behaviors to meet their needs.
SPPI 7: Data Source
Local education agencies (LEAs) utilize the Early Childhood Outcome Center's Childhood Outcomes Summary (COS) Process and the Childhood Outcomes Summary Form (COSF) to document children's functioning in three outcome areas. LEAs submit data through the SPP 7 online application in the Texas Education Agency Login (TEAL).
SPPI 7: Resources
TEAL Application Resources
- SPPI 7 Application Instructions
- SPPI 7 Instructions for Entering Data
- SPPI 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- SPPI 7 Entry and Exit Data Collection Criteria
- SPPI 7 Data Integrity Checklist
- Child Outcomes Summary Form (COSF)
- Child Outcomes Summary (COS) Process
- Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (ECTA)
Other FAQs and Resources for COSF:
- Is there a copy of the COSF form with exit reasons we can use?
- Where is a copy of that chart thing for ratings?
COSF Decision Tree
Using this chart EVERY TIME increases your reliability across time and consistency across staff and campuses.
Using other charts or shortcuts decreases the reliability of your data across time and consistency across the staff.
- Are there resources to help with team collaboration on ratings?
- Where is an online, self-paced training on COSF?
Recommended for campus staff in August and before EXIT COSF begins in May.
- Where can I find age anchoring guidance?
Age Anchoring Guidance - see page 13 for a quick guide to selecting instruments
Consider using the COSF Instrument crosswalks or the
- Is there a way to check our processes and procedures?
- Where is an explanation for how COSF scores convert to district performance reports?
- Where is my district's performance report?
- Where does "substantially increased" data come from?
- What are other states doing for this indicator?
Contact Katie Adams with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated April 2021