General Information - SPP Indicator 13
SPPI 13: Measure
State Performance Plan Indicator (SPPI) 13 measures the percent of youth with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) aged 16 and above with an IEP that includes:
- appropriate measurable postsecondary goals that are annually updated and based upon an age-appropriate transition assessment;
- transition services, including courses of study, that will reasonably enable the student to meet those postsecondary goals; and
- annual IEP goals related to the student's transition needs.
There also must be evidence that the student was invited to the IEP Team meeting where transition services are to be discussed and evidence that, if appropriate, a representative of any participating agency was invited to the IEP Team meeting with the prior consent of the parent or student who has reached the age of majority.
SPPI 13: Data Source
Local education agencies submit secondary transition IEP compliance data through the SPPI 13 online application in the Texas Education Agency Login (TEAL).
SPPI 13: Resources
- JJAEP Reporting Flowchart
- Secondary Transition Guidance
- Student-Centered Transitions Network (SCTN)
- Technical Assistance: Individualized Education Program (IEP) Development
- Texas Transition and Employment Guide
SPPI 13 TEAL Application Resources
- SPPI 13 Data Collection Checklist
- SPPI 13 Data Collection Guidance
- SPPI 13 Frequently Asked Questions
- SPPI 13 Instructions for Entering Data
- SPPI 13 Data Integrity Checklist
- SPPI 13 Sampling Procedures
For additional information or technical assistance contact Carla Johnson at email@example.com.