Texas Transition and Employment Guide
The Texas Transition and Employment Guide provides youth, young adults, parents, and professionals with secondary transition resources to facilitate a young person’s progress towards post-secondary goals to education, employment, and community living.
The Texas Transition and Employment Guide is a living, working online resource tool. Legislative changes, input from parents, students, and stakeholders will be added as they become available. This online guide will continually be updated.
Access the Texas Transition and Employment Guide below.
A few benefits of ePubs:
- Device friendly
- Text, font size adjustable
- Bookmarking, highlighting features
- Text-to-speech capabilities
Why seek Vocational Rehabilitation services?
Texas Workforce Solutions-Vocational Rehabilitation Services are designed to help individuals address employment barriers related to a disability, and supports eligible individuals as they prepare for, obtain, retain or advance in employment.
Individualized services are provided through VR staff co-located at offices across the state and may include:
- Assessment for eligibility, career exploration, and planning for employment.
- Disability supports through counseling, therapies, treatments, or assistive devices.
- Training to enhance and expand employment skills through work readiness training, work-based learning experiences, professional training to earn a credential or certificate or work readiness training.
- Job search assistance to help you find competitive integrated employment and support once you are on the job.