Academy Support Center Information
The role of ESC Region 11 Academy Support Center (ASC) is to promote the quality and success of its member Cisco Academies. Our goal is to create an Academy Community where ideas and best practices can be shared and excellence is expected. The success of your students and Academy are our priority.
ESC Region 11 will be offering a remote support option to any Cisco Academy. This support will include, but is not limited to the following:
We are always looking for ways to better serve the Cisco Academies. Therefore, the types of support mentioned in this presentation will change as new technologies become available.
- Telephone, e-mail, text messaging, instant message chat, and other forms of assistance.
- Collaboration tools, troubleshooting assistance for instructors and/or students.
- In-person meeting is conducted 1 – 2 times per year for nearby network academies. This would be available to remote support academies if they so desire to travel to Fort Worth, Texas. Meeting is captured on video and available to those academies that we would be supporting.
- Assist high schools and colleges with articulation planning if needed.
- Advice on new purchases, lab equipment, lab setup, etc.
- Ongoing certification preparation helps for students and instructors – both A+, CCENT, and CCNA.
- Leadership in Community groups and other discussion venues available on the Cisco Network website.
- Working with state education personnel to assist in cross-walking Cisco courses to the individual state curriculum frameworks, if appropriate.
- Refresher training using Zoom, WebEx, or other collaboration software.
- Other additional virtual training sessions related to best practices and professional development.
The cost of this remote support option is $650 per year, per campus for established Cisco Academies.First-year academies
First-year academies will be charged $2000.00. This includes on-boarding the academy and training for 4 courses in CCNA (Intro to Networks, Switching, Routing, Wireless Essentials, Enterprise Networking, Security, Automation) or IT Essentials, to be used in any combination - 1 instructor or several. The training can be used within 2 years - it does not have to be taken the first year. After the first year the $650 remote support fee would apply.