- MIS/IT Technology Division
- Business News and Information
What is the ESC Region 11 TBUS?
Posted by Christi Quattrochi on 5/3/2019
The ASCENDER Business team will be hosting an ESC Region 11 TxEIS Business User Symposium (TBUS) this year to give our ASCENDER business clients the opportunity to network and discuss issues that are important to them. You are welcome to attend regardless of the ASCENDER applications you currently work in. We invite guest speakers to share their business experience with the group. Various topics which are not software related are also presented.
This meeting will be very similar to what was previously our ESC Region 11 Business Advisory Committee. We have had ESC employees, business office personnel from our districts, and outside speakers present on many topics of interest. Following is an example of just a few that have presented at past meetings:
- Federal Grant Reporting – presented by Melissa Sulak, ESC Region 11
- Child Nutrition – presented by Jocelyn Karbo, ESC Region 11
- TSDS in preparation of PEIMS reporting – presented by Stephanie Smelley, ESC Region 11
- Best Practices when closing the year in finance – presented by Lindsey L. Kennimer, CPA, Snow Garrett Williams CPA firm
- Timekeeping systems – presented by Peggy Garrison and Kim Ferrell, Gainesville ISD
- ASCENDER Employee Access – presented by Karen Kidd, Azle ISD
- Financial spreadsheets – presented by Lori Hobbs, Millsap ISD
- Docking days vs. days worked – presented by Julie Maddux, Chico ISD
- How to Hire and Retain Quality Substitutes – presented by Dale Latham, ESC Region 11
- Maximize Budget Control & Reporting – Strategic Use of Your Local Intent Code – presented by Shay Adams, Lovejoy ISD
- Understanding Audit Entries – presented by Rhonda McConnell, Azle ISD
We share information which may not be familiar to you about other departments here at ESC 11, i.e. our print shop that can provide printing for schools at a very reasonable rate, and our Distance Learning department that provides robots for students who are unable to attend school due to an illness or disability.
We invite you to come to learn and share your business experiences with other districts throughout the region. These meetings belong to our clients and your contributions and/or topics you recommend are important tools for the success of our business office personnel across the ESC 11 region!
If you would like to be added to our contact list for these meetings, please send your name, district name, and e-mail address to:
Team Leader for Business Support