Project-Based Learning (PBL) is all about learning by doing, and that is exactly what you will experience in the ESC Region 11 PBL Academy.
- We welcome you to join our ESC11 Project-Based Learning (PBL) Academy where you will be immersed in a PBL experience while learning the structure and components of PBL.
- During the three-day academy, you will design your own high-quality Project-Based Learning experience to be implemented in a PreK-12 classroom (or professional learning setting).
- When fully constructed and implemented, your PBL learning experience will empower students and/or teachers to master standards while applying real-world skills.
- During the fall semester, the fourth day of face-to-face training is included to support your PBL implementation and refine your PBL lesson design and facilitation.
- An online community and on-site coaching session will be offered to provide the support you need to implement your plan.
- Participants must attend each day to receive credit; partial credit will not be awarded.
What our participants have to say about the ESC Region 11 PBL Academy:"This was the BEST training I've received in my 7 years of teaching. The instructors were outstanding, the materials were laid out in an interesting, engaging, and useful manner, and the projects we worked on reflected what we will be doing when we create our own projects. Excellent 2 days of training!""I truly enjoyed every second of this training. It was the most worthwhile presentation of PBL and has given me immense confidence in implanting PBL this year. I cannot say enough good things about this training. It definitely lived up to every one of my expectations!""This was a wonderful workshop. I left each day feeling very mentally exhausted, but I believe I have this process down where I can quickly and easily develop a PBL for my classes."
Our Fall PBL 101 Academy will be self-paced and fully online! In this academy, you will use Canvas to access content about Project-Based Learning. Each week, your new learning will be applied to a PBL Unit you are designing. Our ESC11 PBL team is with you every step of the way. The flexibility this academy offers makes this fall a great opportunity to learn about PBL and design a PBL unit! The academy begins on September 28, so register soon! Learn more information and details on our PBL Academy flyer.
For those who have completed the PBL 101 Academy, we welcome you to join our PBL PLN meetings. Come with questions, wonderings, and resources to share and leave with ideas, support, and networking connections! Our first PLN meeting of the fall will be on September 24. Registration is now open!
For more information, please contact Lori Miniet at (817) 740-3649