Educational Aide 1 Certification
§230.55. Certification Requirements for Educational Aide I.
An applicant for an educational aide I certificate shall meet the requirements in either paragraphs (1) and (2) of this section or paragraphs (3) and (4) of this section as follows:
(1) hold a high school diploma, the equivalent of a high school diploma, or higher; and
(2) have experience working with students or parents as approved by the employing superintendent. Experience may be work in church-related schools, day camps, youth groups, private schools, licensed daycare centers, or similar experience; or
(3) be a high school student 18 years of age or older; and
(4) have a final grade of 70 or better in two or more education and training courses specified in Chapter 130, Subchapter E, of this title (relating to Education and Training) for three or more credits verified in writing by the superintendent of the district where the credits were earned. The education and training courses must include either:
(A) Instructional Practices, as described in §130.164 of this title (relating to Instructional Practices (Two Credits), Adopted 2015); or
(B) Practicum in Education and Training, as described in §130.165 of this title (relating to Practicum in Education and Training (Two Credits), Adopted 2015)
**Students must create an account in TEAL before you can move forward with approving them**
- Send HR list of students – this is how they know who to approve
- Student makes a Teal account - then HR has to recommend the for the verification. They don’t have to be hired by the school district - just recommended.
- Once they have created their account, they will apply for the certificate. Within that application process, they will also be prompted to pay for their fingerprinting.
- After they have paid the appropriate fees, the fingerprint process is automatically started.
- The students will receive an email from IdentoGo with their fingerprinting appointment and instructions. This email may show up in their SPAM folder and could take up to 48 hours to receive after having paid the fee.
- HR monitors EOS and recommends them.
- The certificates will not be issued until the fingerprinting process is complete.
Documents to assist with the process: