Latest News from the TEA/ESC Region 11
Dear Bilingual/ESL/TIII Program Leaders,
The NEW LPAC web-based courses are available. Please see TEA’s email below, along with the attached documents.
The web-based courses may be utilized for annual training and to train additional LPAC committee members. If the LEA has already trained LPAC committees for 2020-2021, these courses may be used to supplement the annual training.
From: "Martinez, Julie" <Julie.Martinez@tea.texas.gov>
Date: Monday, October 5, 2020 at 6:18 PM
Subject: LPAC Web-Based Courses are LIVE - Please forward to respective LEAs
We are happy to announce the Language Proficiency Assessment Committee (LPAC) Framework web-based courses and new site: https://www.txel.org/lpac/.
(SEE ESC REGION 11 LPAC SECTION) Attached please find the following LPAC tools:
- LPAC Web-based Training Launch slide that ESCs and LEAs can embed in their slideshows or use as a banner to show users how to get to and navigate the LPAC site.
- How to Navigate the LPAC Web-based Training Site – This is a PPT with screen shots that shows users step- by- step on how to access the materials on the site.
Also, this brief video provides you a quick navigation of the new site:
TEA EL Summer School COVID-19 Guidancehttps://tea.texas.gov/sites/default/files/covid/covid19-2019-2020-english-learner-summer-school-guidance-faq.pdfCoronavirus (COVID-19) Support and Guidance
Texas Education Agency
TEA/REGION 20 LPAC Resources
TEA English Learner Portal
Additional TEA Guidance & Resources
- Guidance on Identification and Placement of ELs Prior to Kindergarten
- Recorded TSDS PEIMS Revisions for 2019-2020 - English Learners and Bilingual Education and ESL
- Programs Code Guide for Bilingual and ESL Programs
- TEDS Section 4-Description of EL Related PEIMS Codes
- Recorded TEA Statewide Webinar: ESSA, Title III, Part A Updates May 22, 2019
Disclaimer: Every effort is made to verify that all links are operational and information is accurate, appropriate and of high quality. It is the responsibility of the user to preview external links and content before presenting to other audiences.