ESC Region 11 Support and Guidance
Resources and Announcements:
ESC Region 11 Professional Development Service Requests
Complete the ESC Region 11 Instructional Services Request for Professional Development or Coaching here: Service Request Google Form Link.
Please enter each request separately.
School Board Training and Legislative Briefing Books
ESC Region 11 offers a standard menu of school board training as well as customized training opportunities designed to meet the needs of individual school districts. Training is facilitated by presenters with years of practical successful experience working with school board members and superintendents. Below is the training specific to Charter School Boards:
- Charter School Board Training:
- School Law
- School Finance
- Health and Safety
- Accountability for Public Funds
- Accountability to the Public
- Open Meetings Act and Public Information Act
- Customized training for individual districts
Other General Support at ESC Region 11:
- Special Education Resources - This LiveBinder is a collection of resources shared from multiple sources. They are things to consider or explore during the coming weeks during this COVID‐19 response period. This LINK HERE takes you to the main page, where you will find a table of contents to guide your search for resources.
- Career & Technology Education
- Region 11 CTE Page HERE
- TEA CTE online resource site HERE.
- CTE February Newsletter HERE.
- A joint online resource document that is editable by all CTE Pathway Resources can be accessed here: CTE resources organized by pathway.
- A statewide shared document with teachers' contact information by courses taught for collaboration: CTE Teacher Contacts for peer support by pathway.
- English Learners - CLICK HERE for At-Home Learning support/resources for English Learners.
- TexQuest Resources
- Child Nutrition
- Education Journals, Articles, Webinars and Associations
- Education Week
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Free ASCD Resources to Address Coronavirus Crisis and Schools With schools across the country shut down for an extended period of time, ASCD wanted to provide you with information about some of the policy implications and questions you may have regarding lengthy school closures, some resources, and tips for online learning, and other things school leaders and educators should consider during this challenging time.
- Texas Public Charter Schools Association
- Texas Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Internet Resources
Comcast has announced that it will be increasing speeds for its Internet Essentials program and offering new, low-income customers 60 days of complimentary service. To sign up, visit their webpage. (Shared by National School Choice Week.)
Charter offers 60 days of free access to Spectrum Wi-Fi for households with K-12 and/or college students who do not have a Spectrum subscription. Families can enroll by calling 1-844-488-8395. (Shared by National School Choice Week.)
Texas Cable Association - For households with K-12 and/or college students who may be displaced due to school closures and who do not currently have home internet access, Altice USA offers its Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband solution for free for 60 days to new customer households within our footprint. Eligible households interested in this solution can call 888-633-0030 to enroll in the Suddenlink region, which includes Texas.
PBS - TEA is proud to announce a student-centered partnership with @TexasPBS
All 10 Texas PBS affiliates are now airing TEKS-aligned programming. The At-Home Learning Initiative consists of shows & supplemental materials that further support remote instruction http://bit.ly/2Vr0W4x.
ESC Region 11 Virtual Field Trips - Field trips are informal learning experiences that get students out into the world, exploring the world and students' interests. Thankfully, there are great games, apps, and websites that can bring places and experiences fostered by field trips to the classroom. While not an outright replacement, these field trip tools can offer inspiring and intriguing experiences for students. We have students making field trips from home while schools are responding to COVID-19 shelter-in-place requirements.
Newsela - Whether your school is teaching through a closure or building plans to prepare, we’re here to help you ensure that learning doesn’t stop.
Chrome Extension Tools Blog for struggling and special needs students: In this blog post, we will take a look at over 30 Chrome web extensions that can assist students in five main categories:
- Text to Speech
- Apple Education Learning Series- This video will help educators learn how to get up and running for remote learning with iPad. We’ll explore ways to access school resources and find apps that support remote learning.
- Flipgrid - for use in any classroom while utilizing distance learning.
- Slidesmania - Digital notebooks for Google slides or PowerPoint.
- Texthelp - We can offer no-cost district pilots of our tools to support #RemoteLearning during this time. Contact Linda Walker - 682-216-5596 or email@example.com
- Read&Write - Offers literary support (Text-to-speech, speech to text, picture dictionary & dictionary, translation into MANY languages, highlighters, and more.) These tools are particularly useful for students with learning differences or challenges.
- Zoom - Are you utilizing Zoom for meetings or online classroom instruction?