ESC Region 11 offers research-based, classroom-proven PreK-12 science professional development opportunities to meet the increasing science performance accountability measures.
These opportunities focus on:
- Increasing teachers' understanding of science and engineering practices;
- Improving science literacy outcomes for students;
- Supporting teachers in creating classroom environments for student inquiry and problem solving;
- Supporting the development of a growth mindset in teachers and students;
- Meeting the needs of all students, including those who are receiving special education services, gifted/talented services, and students acquiring English as a second language; and
- Providing quality instruction that actively engages students.
Science professional development opportunities align with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills, the State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR), the Texas Assessment Program, Future-Ready Skills, and support Multi-Tiered Support System core content instructional strategies.