Administrators must be knowledgeable in curriculum and instruction, be skillful in data gathering and analysis, be able to set goals, be skillful in conducting effective conferences, have team building skills and conflict resolution skills, and have mentoring and coaching skills. In order to meet these expectations, Advancing Educational Leadership (AEL) was developed. This three day, research-based and engaging training is now required for teacher appraisers and is the co-requisite for the Texas-Teacher Evaluation Support System (T-TESS). Administrators who have an ILD Certification WILL NOT be required to take AEL.
AEL Training July 11-13, 2017
AEL Training July 31-Aug 2, 2017
AEL Training (Late Hire) September 19-21,2017 (Registration Link coming soon)
The Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS) supports instruction and student performance. This new system includes an evaluation rubric, goal-setting, and an embedded student growth measure. T-TESS is intended to promote a growth mindset among educators by providing tolls for self-reflection as well as a system of continuous, purposeful feedback from appraisers and observers. If you have any questions regarding T-TESS, please contact Jennifer Baadsgaard (An ILD or AEL Certificate is a co-requisite in order to take T-TESS)
T-TESS Appraiser Training July 18-20, 2017
T-TESS Appraiser Training September 6-8 (Registration Link coming soon)
EPP - Education Preparation Program
The Texas Education Agency has created 2 separate trainings for Field Supervisors of Educator Preparation Programs. This training was developed to meet the requirements of recently adopted Texas Administrative Code (TAC) §228.35(g) and (h). This section of TAC requires that “supervision of each candidate shall be conducted with the structured guidance and regular ongoing support of an experienced educator who has been trained as a field supervisor. Supervision provided on or after September 1, 2017, must be provided by a field supervisor who has completed TEA-approved observation training.
Field Supervisor Observation Training (for Teacher Certification Candidates)
- Field Supervisor Observation Training was developed to provide guidelines and instruction delivery of classroom structures and best practices for field supervisor observation visits to teacher candidates participating in clinical teaching or internship experiences through educator preparation programs (EPPs).
- This training is designed for field supervisors who support clinical teachers or internship teachers who have been admitted to an EPP on or after December 27, 2016.
Field Supervisor Observation Training July 14, 2017
Field Supervisor Observation Training July 20, 2017
Field Supervisor Observation Training August 8, 2017
Field Supervisor Observation Training August 17, 2017
Field Supervisor Observation Training August 29, 2017
Field Supervisor Coaching Training (for Advanced Certification Candidates)
- Field Supervisor Coaching Training provides guidelines and instruction for field supervisor support to candidates seeking certification in an area other than classroom teacher and who are participating in practicum experiences through educator preparation programs (EPPs). The training focuses on structures and practices that support candidates’ development with respective certification standards for performance.
- This training is designed for all field supervisors who support educational diagnostician, master teacher, principal, reading specialist, school counselor, school librarian, and superintendent candidates who have been admitted to an EPP on or after December 27, 2016.
Field Supervisor Coaching Training July 17, 2017
Field Supervisor Coaching Training August 8, 2017
Field Supervisor Coaching Training August 29, 2017
The new evaluation system for principals is the Texas Principal Evaluation and Support System (T-PESS). This system is designed around research-based best practices among school administrators and promotes a growth mindset, reflection, and setting/sustaining professional goals. If you have any questions regarding T-PESS, please contact Dale Latham.
T-PESS Appraiser Training July 24-25, 2017
T-PESS Appraiser Training August 14-15, 2017
STUDENT GROWTH MEASURES
- Dates for Student Learning Objectives (SLO) Training are being coordinated with pilot districts/campuses. For additional information, please contact Wes Jackson
. Additional information can be found on the Student Growth Measures S'more